Friday AM: The Sweater Whisperer with Marie Greene
Instructor: Marie Greene
Never knit another ill-fitting sweater! Learn how to read between the lines of a pattern, master gauge (once and for all), choose the right yarn for the job, and – most importantly – how to determine your body shape and size to create the perfect sweater fit for your figure. You will understand so much more about sweater patterns after taking this class! (The Sweater Whisperer emphasizes top-down, seamless sweaters, but these tips are applicable to almost any sweater pattern.)
You will learn:
- Your own measurements to help you make informed decisions about sweater fit
- The elements of ease and how they apply to fit
- How to read between the lines of a pattern
- The nitty gritty of gauge and what it does to sizing
- How to choose a pattern that works for your body shape
- How to find the perfect length for your sweater
- And more!
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
Skill Level: Beginner challenge to advanced; basic sweater knitting experience required
- Pen/pencil, paper
- A calculator
- A full size measuring tape
- Homework: Please bring a gauge swatch in stockinette stitch that measures at least 4 in x 4 in/10 cm x 10cm (any weight yarn). You may use a swatch you are using for another class or that you have used for a previous project.
Cancelled class registrations are eligible for a refund (minus a $20.00 cancellation fee per class) until Sept 30th, 2018. After that date, there are no refunds for class cancellations unless your seat can be filled from a waiting list ($20.00 cancellation fee still applies). To request a refund or transfer of class registration please contact us. Materials fees are fully refundable.