Saturday AM: Slick Set-In Sleeves with JC Briar
Instructor: JC Briar
Skill Level: Experience knitting sweaters
- smooth, light colored, worsted-weight yarn (400 yards, if you want to complete the class sample sweater)
- US size 7 (4.5 mm) needles, or size needed to obtain gauge of 20 sts = 4″ (including dpns, two circs, or Magic Loop if you wish to knit the lower sleeves in the round; otherwise, straight needles are fine)
- clip-on stitch markers
- smooth, contrast-color waste yarn
- crochet hook roughly US size G/6 (4 mm)
- Knit the back and right front of a child-size cardigan from the top down as follows:
- Back: Cast on 50 sts firmly. Keeping selvedge sts in stockinette (do not slip the first st of every row), work even in stockinette for 4¼” (11 cm), then increase 2 sts every RS row 4 times as follows: k1, M1, knit to last st, M1, k1 » 58 sts. After the last increase row, purl one WS row, then break the yarn and transfer all sts from needles to waste yarn.
- Right front: Holding the back with its RS facing you, pick up and knit 13 sts from the back’s cast-on edge, starting at the right armhole edge and extending for 2½” (6.5 cm) across the right shoulder. Work even in stockinette for 5 rows, then increase 1 st at the neck edge every RS row 6 times as follows: knit to last st, M1, k1 » 19 sts. After the last increase row, purl one WS row, then cast on 6 more sts at the end of the following RS row » 25 sts. Work even in stockinette until the right front measures 4¼” (11 cm) from its initial pick-up row, then increase 1 st at the armhole edge every RS row 4 times as follows: k1, M1, knit to end of row » 29 sts. After the last increase row, purl one WS row, then break the yarn and transfer all sts from needles to waste yarn.
Cancelled class registrations are eligible for a refund (minus a $20.00 cancellation fee per class) until Sept 30, 2018. After that date, there are no refunds for class cancellations unless your seat can be filled from a waiting list ($20.00 cancellation fee still applies). To request a refund or transfer of class registration please contact us. Materials fees are fully refundable.