Friday PM: Get Fit! with Marie Greene
Instructor: Marie Greene
Exercise your knitting muscles with this sweater intensive workshop. Find out once and for all why your sweaters aren’t fitting the way you want them to and how to whip them into shape. You’ll never look at a pattern the same way again! (Don’t worry, you won’t even break a sweat.)
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
Skill Level: Beginner challenge to advanced; basic sweater knitting experience required
- Circular needles in US sizes 6 and 7 (24″ length+ or straights)
- Calculator, pencil/pen, notebook
- General knitting notions/tools (including stitch markers)
- Full length measuring tape
- A favorite store-bought sweater from home (optional)
- At least 25 yards of the same yarn used for homework. Be sure to choose a light worsted/dk yarn in a medium to light colorway (not black or navy, and avoid yarns that might obscure stitch definition). Here’s a tip about choosing which yarn to bring for a workshop: Never bring yarn to class that you wouldn’t want to knit a garment with. (Similar to the advice: Never cook with wine you wouldn’t want to drink.) Crummy yarn leads to a frustrating learning experience. Bring yarn you will enjoy working with.
- With light worsted or heavy DK weight yarn (such as The Fibre Company Cumbria Worsted, Brown Sheep Nature Spun Worsted, Madelinetosh Tosh DK or something in a similar weight range) and US size 6 needle, cast on 30 stitches and work 6 rows in garter stitch. Then work as follows:
WS: K3, P to last 3 st, K3.
Rep these two rows until piece measures 4″ – do not bind off. Leave on needle or stitch holder and leave yarn attached.
Cancelled class registrations are eligible for a refund (minus a $20.00 cancellation fee per class) until March 31st, 2018. After March 31st, there are no refunds for class cancellations unless your seat can be filled from a waiting list ($20.00 cancellation fee still applies). To request a refund or transfer of class registration please contact us. Materials fees are fully refundable.