Saturday PM: The Fibi Sweater & Cable Substitutions with Norah Gaughan
Instructor: Norah Gaughan
Learn the ins and outs of knitting Fibi, a cabled pullover, knit in pieces from the bottom up. Master details like bamboo stitch as a horizontal accent and tapered twisted rib at the armholes. Learn how to do mattress stitch that looks so good, you’ll have trouble finding the seams when you are done. Knitters can choose alternate cable for their body and sleeve cable panels from Norah Gaughan’s Knitted Cable Sourcebook. Take the time to customize your Fibi. There are several alternative ways to alter the neck finishing to suit your taste and we’ll talk about changing the sleeve and body length as well. For those who prefer a fully fitted sweater we’ll go over the changes you’ll need to make.
12 in stock
Skill Level: Intermediate or adventurous beginner. Must know how to knit and purl.
- Class fee includes Fibi Pullover pattern and one skein of Sugarbush Crisp (will be mailed prior to class for swatching)
- Needles to achieve a gauge of 6 stitches/inch
- Needles 2 sizes smaller than gauge needles for ribbing
- Optional: copy of Norah Guaghan’s Knitted Cable Sourcebook recommended for cable substitutions
- Optional: sweater quantity of DK weight merino to knit at above gauge
- Sizes: to fit bust 30 (34, 38, 42, 46, 50)”
- Yardage: 1200 (1500, 1800, 1800, 2100, 2100) yards
- Swatch to achieve above-mentioned gauge
Cancelled class registrations are eligible for a refund (minus a $20.00 cancellation fee per class) until September 30th, 2017. After September 30th,there are no refunds for class cancellations unless your seat can be filled from a waiting list ($20.00 cancellation fee still applies). To request a refund or transfer of class registration please contact us. Materials fees are fully refundable.