- You cannot add "Friday PM: All About Mawata with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Friday PM: Chart It, Swatch It, Love It with Patty Lyons
Instructor: Patty Lyons
Learn how to spice up any sweater with your own stitches. Love the shape of a garment but would like to add a cable panel to the body or sleeve, how about a lace stitch at the hem or cuff, or even a different neck treatment. With a bit of math, the knitting world is your oyster! We’ll start with an exploration of what cables and lace do to your fabric. We’ll look at what can make the cast on edge undulate or the side of a stitch move in and out. Next we’ll learn the simple math to insert or replace a stitch panel or detail into existing sweater pattern. Then, after looking at swatches, stitch dictionaries and finished objects for inspiration, we’ll start to play with adjusting and combining to create your custom stitches. Finally, using both graph paper and some imaginative three-dimensional tools you’ll start to lay out your own stitch and even start to swatch it.
Skill Level: A firm knowledge of the math of gauge required. Basic sweater pattern knowledge is helpful.
- Graph paper (knitter’s graph paper found here: http://sweaterscapes.com/downloads/graphpaper-133.pdf (please print several pages to play with)
- calculator, pen, paper and pencil
- DK to Worsted weight yarn and matching needles for swatching
- OPTIONAL: a pattern you would like to alter
- OPTIONAL: stitch dictionaries
Cancelled class registrations are eligible for a refund (minus a $20.00 cancellation fee per class) until September 30th, 2018. After that date, there are no refunds for class cancellations unless your seat can be filled from a waiting list ($20.00 cancellation fee still applies). To request a refund or transfer of class registration please contact us. Materials fees are fully refundable.