Saturday PM: Patty’s Knitting Bag of Tricks with Patty Lyons
No longer available
Instructor: Patty Lyons
There are so many wonderful knitting tricks that make our lives better. Over the years of knitting and teaching I’ve accumulated quite a few fantastic tricks. I love it when I’m teaching a class and a student declares “I love that tip!”. So, I’ve decided to dig into my knitting bag of tricks and put them all in one class. From how to do a better SSK, make matching size YOs, to how to avoid the gap at the end of a bind off, how to tighten your first stitch, how to make better neck divides, and more. Get ready to find your new favorite knitting tricks!
Out of stock - Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available
Skill Level: Must know how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off, know simple increases and decreases. Having knit at least one sweater or followed an accessory pattern helpful but not required.
- Smooth, light-colored worsted to chunky weight yarn
- Small, separate ball of yarn
- Needles appropriate for yarn
- CO 28 stitches
- Row 1 *K3, P2 *, rep from * to * to last 3 stitches, K3
- Row 2 *P3, k2*, rep from * to * to last 3 stitches, P3.
- Repeat Rows 1-2 for a couple of inches, working in K3, P2 rib, do not bind off, we will be working this swatch. End with a WS row (ready to work a RS row)
- Cast on 24 stitches, work 2 inches in plain stockinette (NO GARTER EDGE), enough to get a sense of your knitting style. Do not bind off, we will be working this swatch.
- End with a WS row (ready to work a RS row)
Cancelled class registrations are eligible for a refund (minus a $20.00 cancellation fee per class) until September 30th, 2018. After that date, there are no refunds for class cancellations unless your seat can be filled from a waiting list ($20.00 cancellation fee still applies). To request a refund or transfer of class registration please contact us. Materials fees are fully refundable.