Vendor Frequently Asked Questions
2018 Vendor Important Dates:
- November-December 10, 2017: Open vendor application for 2018 Spring show
- December 12, 2017: Selected Spring vendor invitations go out
- Friday, April 27, 2018, 8:00am: Spring vendor check in opens at registration desk and vendor set up begins
- Friday, April 27, 2018, 4:00pm: Spring Marketplace officially opens
- Sunday, April 29, 2018, 2:00pm: Spring Marketplace officially closes, vendor take down begins.
- April 30, 2018: Returning Fall vendor invitations will go out to 2017 Fall KAFF Vendors
- May 21, 2018: New Fall vendor invitations will go out to the waiting list
- Friday, October 26, 2018, 8:00am: Fall vendor check in opens at registration desk and vendor set up begins
- Friday, October 26, 2018, 4:00pm: Marketplace officially opens
- Sunday, October 28, 2018, 2:00pm: Marketplace officially closes, vendor take down begins.
Where can I apply to be a vendor?
Each year vendor registration is opened first to all returning show vendors (see timeline above). If any booth openings remain, we will contact vendors from our waiting list, depending on several factors (i.e., length of time on waiting list, fit of particular product with existing products).
Where are the 2018 locations?
The 2018 Spring KAFF will take place at the Oregon Garden in Silverton, Oregon. The Garden offers an all-in-one venue including Great Hall for the Marketplace, onsite classrooms, and hotel accommodations, in addition to the beautiful Garden grounds which will be included in Marketplace and/or Class tickets.
The 2018 Fall KAFF will take place at the Fort Dalles Readiness Center, located at 402 East Scenic Drive in The Dalles, OR. The state-of-the-art , LEED certified facility offers a 10,000 square foot marketplace, multiple classrooms, expansive views of the Columbia River Gorge, and ample parking. Some workshops will also take place next door on the Columbia Gorge Community College campus.
Where do you advertise?
- local newspapers
- OPB radio underwriting
- Spin-Off annual Natural Fiber Directory of Events
- Free community calendars for news agencies in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, as well as multiple fiber-related website calendars
- NwRSA Loose Threads Newsletter
- Signs, postcards, and save-the-date cards with info at fiber shows around the PNW, such as Black Sheep Gathering, Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, and Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat
- Ravelry Forums / Facebook / Twitter are all updated regularly with news on the show
- Emailing list with over 8000 participants
What kind of products are allowed?
The KAFF uses the term “fiber” to encompass all fiber-related arts. This means that the KAFF is open and welcome to dyers who dye yarn or fiber, handspinners, tool makers, and those who sell tools, accessories, weaving supplies, quality finished goods, spinning supplies, fabric, buttons, or anything else categorized as fiber arts or caters to fiber-arts consumers. The KAFF encourages independent artists from the Pacific Northwest as much as possible.
What is your cancellation policy?
Spring Vendor registrations can be cancelled for a refund (minus Featured Vendor and Web Link fees and $20 cancellation fee) any time before March 1st. Between March 1st and March 31st, cancelled booths, electricity, and tables will be refunded at 50%. After April 1st no refund will be given for cancellations unless the booth can be filled from the wait list ($20 cancellation fee still applies).
Fall Vendor registrations can be cancelled for a refund (minus Featured Vendor and Web Link fees and $20 cancellation fee) any time before September 1st. Between September 1st and September 30th, cancelled booths, electricity, and tables will be refunded at 50%. After October 1st no refund will be given for cancellations unless the booth can be filled from the wait list ($20 cancellation fee still applies).
Featured vendors fees and web links fees are not eligible for a refund.