Saturday AM: Twice the Fun, Half the Work with Patty Lyons
Instructor: Patty Lyons
Learn the fun and time-saving technique of working any two items, in the round, two at a time! Whether socks, sleeves, or wristers, getting both pieces done at once means you’ll never suffer from “second item syndrome” again! First, we will go over what all circular methods have in common and review the magic loop, and then teach two circs. Next, we’ll move on to the secrets of how to cast on and work two items for both magic loop and two circs. We’ll also go over professional tips for improving the look of your work in the round. NOTE: Must be comfortable working magic loop without supervision
10 in stock
Skill Level: Must know long tail cast on and how to knit, purl, cast on, bind off. Familiarity with Magic Loop required. Confident enough with magic loop to work it without supervision. To practice please review this video.
- Smooth, light-colored worsted to chunky weight yarn for Main Color (MC), wound into 2 balls
- Contrasting color yarn in same weight
- two 24″ circular needles in size that matches your yarn (US 8-10). Optional: use 2 different brands of needle or two different color cords
- one 40″ circular needle in size that matches your yarn (US 8-10)
- NOTE: circular needles should have very flexible cords
- On 40″ circular needle and with MC, cast on 28 stitches using long tail cast on.
- On one of your 24″ circular needles and with 2nd ball of MC, cast on 28 stitches using long tail cast on
Cancelled class registrations are eligible for a refund (minus a $20.00 cancellation fee per class) until September 30th, 2017. After September 30th,there are no refunds for class cancellations unless your seat can be filled from a waiting list ($20.00 cancellation fee still applies). To request a refund or transfer of class registration please contact us. Materials fees are fully refundable.