Vendor Frequently Asked Questions
2017 Vendor Important Dates:
- March 15, 2017: Returning Vendor Applications will go out to 2016 CGFF Vendors
- April 15, 2017: Returning Vendor Applications due.
- April 16, 2017: New Vendor Applications will go out to the waiting list
- Friday, October 27, 2017, 8:00am: vendor check in opens at registration desk and vendor set up begins
- Friday, October 27, 2016, 4:00pm: Marketplace officially opens
- Sunday, October 29, 2016, 2:00pm: Marketplace officially closes, vendor take down begins.
Where can I apply to be a vendor?
Each year vendor registration is opened first to all returning vendors (see timeline above). If any booth openings remain, we will contact vendors from our waiting list, depending on several factors (i.e., length of time on waiting list, fit of particular product with existing products). If you would like to be added to our waiting list, please submit your information here (please be as specific as possible).
Where is the 2017 CGFF location?
The 2017 CGFF will take place at the Fort Dalles Readiness Center, located at 402 East Scenic Drive in The Dalles, OR. The state-of-the-art , LEED certified facility offers a 10,000 square foot marketplace, multiple classrooms, expansive views of the Columbia River Gorge, and ample parking. Some workshops will also take place next door on the Columbia Gorge Community College campus.
Where do you advertise?
- Hood River News and The Dalles Chronicle
- OPB radio ads
- Spin-Off annual Natural Fiber Directory of Events
- Free community calendars for news agencies in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho, as well as multiple fiber-related website calendars
- NwRSA Loose Threads Newsletter
- Signs, postcards, and save-the-date cards with info at fiber shows around the PNW, such as Black Sheep Gathering, Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, and Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat
- Ravelry Forums / Facebook / Twitter are all updated regularly with news on the show
- Emailing list with over 8000 participants
What kind of products are allowed?
The CGFF uses the term “fiber” to encompass all fiber-related arts. This means that the CGFF is open and welcome to dyers who dye yarn or fiber, handspinners, tool makers, and those who sell tools, accessories, weaving supplies, quality finished goods, spinning supplies, fabric, buttons, or anything else categorized as Fiber Arts. The CGFF encourages independent artists from the Pacific Northwest as much as possible.
What is your cancellation policy?
Vendor registrations can be cancelled for a refund (minus Featured Vendor and Web Link fees and $20 cancellation fee) any time before September 1st. Between September 1st and September 30th, cancelled booths, electricity, and tables will be refunded at 50%. After October 1st no refund will be given for cancellations unless the booth can be filled from the wait list ($20 cancellation fee still applies). Featured vendors fees and web links fees are not eligible for a refund.